Power Up Creative resistance
Power Up Creative Resistance was a year-long action collaborative research project with artists Jean McEwan and Uzma Kazi from Wur Bradford, exploring the relationship between art and activism.
The project ran from 2017–2018 and invited people in Bradford to play, think, and talk with us to look at how we could use imagination and creativity to to respond to our increasingly changing and challenging world.
Some of the things we did included:
- Helping to organise the Bradford ‘Bridges Not Walls’ action
- An evolving interactive exhibition
- A Poetry and Protest songs event
- ‘Lets Talk About Brexit’ conversations
- Open sessions to share make and talk about whats going on and what we can do
- Being part of ‘The Bradford Yell’ on General Election Day 2017
- Running creative sessions at Take Back Control and Wow Bradford events
- Box Up Series: Thinking Outside The Box
Power Up Creative Resistance was supported by CommUNIty Thinkspace group, Bradford University and Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
Visit the project blog